Al Ain University of Science and Technology (AAU) is licensed by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. AAU is a new and rapidly growing Institution of higher education, which uses English as a medium of instruction. It has two campuses in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, and the other is in Al Ain, the garden city of the UAE. Since the establishment of the University in 2005, the University’s student enrolment has tripled, including students from the UAE and more than other twenty nationalities.
The University offers accredited programs through its colleges (Business Administration, Education, Engineering and I.T, Law and Pharmacy) with 11 baccalaureate degrees. It also offers a Masters’ degree in Business Administration (MBA) and a Professional Diploma in Education. The University has already submitted aditional programs that will be offered after accreditation from the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
AAU aspires to be amongst the leading learning centers in the region, by achieving international quality standards in teaching, research, and Community Engagement.
AAU strives to be a learning center of excellence that responds to market needs and prepares graduates who possess the scientific and technological competencies that are needed for their careers. The university plays an active role in the creation of knowledge through quality teaching and research. It values Community Engagement and nurtures partnerships with institutions and organizations through a commitment to the educational, technological, and economic development of the country and the region.
To accomplish its mission the University will attempt the following:
- Strengthen the university’s commitment to quality undergraduate and graduate programs that are characterized by disciplinary depth and breadth, with a high level of direct interaction between faculty and students.
- Improve the recruitment, retention, and graduation rates within the student body, and increase the number of well-prepared and academically able students who wish to enter a nurturing environment that facilitates the development of competent and creative professionals.
- Continue to recruit and retain a dedicated and culturally diverse faculty body whose teaching is informed by research and embodies learning experiences which enable students to improve academically and personally.
- Secure and strengthen the university’s information technology and media services to support both the academic and administrative functions of the university, and the deployment of new and innovative teaching and research technologies as they become available.
- Contribute to society in general and the local community in particular, by addressing society’s educational, cultural, social, and economic interests.
- Foster research and support faculty members to secure the time, financial support, and cooperative collaborations to maximize their success in research, scholarship, and other creative activities.