- A student whose cumulative grade-point average CGPA falls below 2.0 by the end of the second semester or at the end of any succeeding semester is placed on academic probation, given the first warning . He / She is not allowed to register in more than 15 CH.
- Should a student fail to raise his/her CGPA to at least 2.00 in the following semester, he/she will be given a second warning and is not allowed to register in more than 12 CH.
- Failing to achieve the required CGPA the student will be issued a thired warning. The student is liable to one of the following actions based on the college council decision:
- Transferring the student to another specialization within the same college.
- Transferring the student to another college upon the approval of its council.
- If the student fails to remove the probation by the end of the following two semesters, the student shall be dismissed from the university.
- If the student CGPA is at least 1.9 and he/she completed at least 75% of the credit hours required for graduation, he/she will not be dismissed from the university but is permitted to continue in the same major until he/she exceeds the maximum period of study.
- Summer session does not count in the probation period.