Goal 1Strengthen AAU’s commitment to delivering quality undergraduate and graduate programs that are characterized by rigorous disciplinary depth and breadth, with a high level of direct interaction between faculty and students. This goal will be achieved by:
- Promoting curricular reform and innovation in all areas of the academic program.
- Offering a variety of well-supported quality programs that are consistent with the University’s educational mission.
- Securing needed laboratories, classrooms, and workspaces that are needed for faculty, staff, and students.
- Supporting all library functions.
- Promoting and supporting the efficient and effective use of technology in the academic and administrative process to enhance curricular needs.
Goal 2Improve the recruitment, retention, and graduation rates within the student body, while increasing the number of well-prepared and academically able students who wish to enter a nurturing environment that facilitates the development of competent, and creative professionals. This goal will be achieved by:
- Developing an effective enrolment management program that is linked to the academic programs’ needs.
- Improving the positive image of AAU in local high schools, and other educational institutions.
- Reviewing and coordinating all enrolment-related offices, programs, services, and activities.
- Enhancing the current academic advising process.
Goal 3Continue to recruit and retain a dedicated and culturally diverse faculty whose teaching is informed by research, and embodies learning experiences that enable students to improve academically and personally. This goal will be achieved by:
- Supporting and enhancing the professional stature of the faculty body.
- Implementing and strengthening existing policies that will result in improved communication between faculty and administration, greater faculty input into the decision-making process, and an enhanced sense of shared responsibility for the management of the University.
- Recruiting Emirati AAU graduates who have completed their degree programs with distinction.
Goal 4Secure and strengthen the University’s information technology and media services to support both the academic and administrative functions of the University, and the deployment of new and innovative teaching and research technologies as they become available. This goal will be achieved by:
- Providing an adequate and predictable mechanism for funding informational and institutional technologies, so that AAU can satisfy the technology needs of its students, staff, and faculty, now and in the future.
- Strengthening the maintenance and upgrading of the University’s information technology infrastructure, facilities, and hardware.
- Strengthening the information technology services and the instructional technology services and support systems that are offered at the University.
- Promoting and supporting the efficient and effective use of academic and administrative technologies that satisfy the faculty and curricular needs.
Goal 5Contribute to society and the local community in particular, by addressing their educational, cultural, social, and economic interests. This goal will be achieved by:
- Supporting collaborative partnerships with schools, businesses, corporations, government agencies, community organizations, community development organizations, religious institutions, and civic organizations so as to provide, develop, and implement community-building efforts.
- Participating in elementary and secondary education delivery systems so as to improve teaching and learning at all levels.
- Promoting internal and external activities that cultivate positive perceptions of AAU.
- Seeking membership in local, regional, and international associations.
- Collaborating with other academic institutions in the areas of teaching, research, consultancy, and training programs.
Goal 6Foster research and support faculty members to secure the time, financial support, and collaborations to maximize their success in research, scholarship, and other creative activities. These goals will be achieved by:
- Articulating at the unit level different research activities and plans to achieve research goals.
- Fostering outreach to the community and region, and maintaining an online directory of faculty to assist them in their research.
- Recognizing and rewarding the faculty and staff’s efforts in research so as to enhance productivity.